Business Systems Analyst (R5969)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications, a Taylor Corporation company, is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join their technology team in Bloomington, IL! In this role, you will be facilitating discussions with our clients and internal cross-functional teams to help develop detailed business and technical documentation to support software systems that integrate with complex data systems to build new solutions or modify existing customer solutions and products. It’s critical (and exciting) to our future! You would help us elicit requirements, communicate work-flows, log issues, build training documentations/videos, and offer clarification to business users regarding IT solutions.
In this role, you will be spending 2 days per week working at our client’s facility in Chicago and the remainder of the week in our Bloomington, IL facility.
- Participate in project planning sessions, defining the scope of the project and defining the business requirements.
- Elicit requirements from the business partners and Clients (i.e.: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Non-Functional Specifications, Use Cases, other artifacts).
- Clearly and concisely document requirements and functional specifications using appropriate requirement tools/techniques (such as use cases, process maps, etc.).
- Perform gap analysis of current state and desired end-state of an application.
- Solution assessment and validation to ensure there are no gaps from the requirement process and development stages.
- Facilitate requirement review sessions (with the project team, including business partners, developers, and others)
- Participate in system testing.
- May be called upon as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business partners, clients and/or the technical team for post deployment product support, relating to business process and workflow.
- Create and maintain process and/or procedure guides, if required for client implementation.
- Assist with task realization, guided / mentored by a senior Business Systems Analyst, Technical Lead or Project Manager.
- Serve as a liaison for project managers, development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Work with project stakeholders to identify, document and validate requirements. Help to scope the system, identify potential areas of automation and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Work with developers to translate requirements into something that they understand, and then translate developers' subsequent questions into something the stakeholders can understand.
- Conduct and summarize informal and formal requirements reviews as items are being developed.
- Translate and document client business requests into written IT baseline detailed business requirements for application development.
- Translate new business requests (from both internal and external audiences) into formal proposal including drafting, creating and documenting statements of work, timeline and deliverable expectations and the expressed scopes of work.
- Work with compliance and security teams to document and understand requirements (HIPAA, HiTrust, PHI, PII, PCI, etc.)
You Must Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree plus 2+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of business analysis, project management, and client support
- The ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- The ability to build rapport with our clients and internal cross-functional teams
- The ability to effectively communicate information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff, and management verbally and in written form
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects at the same time
- The initiative to take responsibility for finding alternative approaches to solve or troubleshoot issues
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
We Would Also Prefer:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Project Coordinator experience
- Experience creating Use Cases and User Stories
- Knowledge of Agile and/or Kanban as well as the Waterfall Frameworks
- Familiarity with Jira and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of marketing, advertising, and/or application development
- Experience in the Healthcare or Print Industry
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.