Yards Laborer, Shipping Loader, Dept 700 (R5594)
Job Title- Animal/ Livestock handler
Area of Interest- Procurement/ Yards
Position type- Full Time- Hourly 40-50 hours per week
The person in this position:
- Tattooing animals off truck.
- Monitor the load for excited, slow, down or non-ambulatory animals
- Moving livestock from unloading area, to scale and then to the stunning area.
- Follow Prime Pork’s animal wellbeing and handling polices.
- Individuals required to stand or walk for entire shift.
- Ability to withstand higher levels of noise, dust and odors associated with livestock on a daily basics.
- Physical strength to assist in gently rolling 200- 300 lb. non-ambulatory animals.
- Good counting/ math skills
- Ability to read, write and reason
- Ability to withstand a variety of temperature and climate changes.
- Good working knowledge of livestock quality and livestock handling. 1+ years’ experience.
- Education- High school diploma or GED
- Lifting is minimal but may be frequent. Tattooing hogs and use of animal driving aids.
- Minimal bending is required depending on the ability to motivate hogs to move with voice and driving aids.
- Team members required wear Personal Protection equipment. Hard Hats, steel toe shoe/boats and or hearing protection.
- TQA certification
- Ability to differentiate between little and heavy hogs (weight estimation).
- Captive bolt gun experience
- Bobcat experience