Director, Facilities and Engineering (R7810)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a Director, Facilities and Engineering to join the team!
- Oversee and lead the real estate and facilities function for the enterprise, U.S. and international sites.
- Manage over 8 million square feet of facilities across North America, Europe and Asia.
- Oversee leases, acquisitions / dispositions, site selection, construction, evaluation and property management.
- Monitor transaction trigger dates to ensure timely execution of new leases, renewals and terminations
- Ensure all internal controls are adhered to
- Contribute to cost savings and avoidance targets
- Build healthy relationship with stakeholders and ensure alignment of portfolio strategies with the Business
- Provide planning assumptions for annual budget preparation and forward-looking planning
- Administers operational and capital budgets in support of planning and construction activities.
- Develop and establishes short and long-range goals and objectives and performance standards
- Ensures the proper accounting for expenditures, fixed assets, and capital projects across multiple funds and over multiple year expenditure cycles.
- Monitor, renew, and obtain new leases for company vehicles and equipment managed within the shared services function.
- Complete valuation of inventory, building and equipment for annual insurance renewals.
- Review third party insurance inspections for loss control and ensure any identified risk is properly addressed and mitigated.
- Act as consultant to the Environmental, Health and Safety function concerning risk prevention and mitigation.
- Oversee the corporate shared services engineering groups which includes:
- Custom machine design and modification of existing equipment with staff, and
- Machinist and equipment assemblers
- Mechanical, electrical and controls engineers
- Process and procedure improvement with staff, industrial and manufacturing engineers.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent education and experience
- 10+ years related experience with lease negotiation, real estate, facilities management or related
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience developing and executing strategic plans
- Experience with capital expenditure budgeting and asset management
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Superior planning and project management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and work in a collaborative manner
- Ability to evaluate and give recommendations as to project feasibility, ROI, and priority
- Superior communication (verbal, written), negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively manage and lead teams
- Knowledge of laws and ordinances regulating building construction and operation
- Knowledge of budget preparation, bid and purchasing procedures, and expense control
- Knowledge of real estate acquisition, management and disposition
- Mechanical aptitude
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.