Sr. Software Developer (R6824)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions is seeking a Sr. Software Developer for Composition and Data Processing to join our team in Arden Hills, MN. This critical position will play a key role in designing, modifying, developing, and implementing software programming applications. Advanced knowledge of PDL transform and Document reengineering tools such as the Solimar SPDE and Rubika, or Compart Mill Plus, Quadient Inspire, OpenText Exstream and/or other leading composition tools will make this the perfect role for you!
- Collect and analyze project requirements
- Design & develop Inspire templates
- Testing, maintaining, supporting, and documenting templates and document applications
- Review code changes for other Inspire developers and approve them for production release
- Participate in database design and data loading
- Develop or acquire test data in order to test and verify the accuracy and completeness of the intended results
- Learn and maintain legacy systems and custom applications
- Assure that all work performed on projects adheres to standards.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Production to assist with print issues.
- Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions.
- Influencing and developing our infrastructure, processes, standards and protocols.
- Transforming, creating and delivering output to a myriad of production class printers.
- Designing and optimizing workflows using software to manage print re-engineering workflow solutions that greatly enhance document distribution and management in transactional printing and web presentment environments.
- Clearly communicate verbally and in written form – articulating complex thoughts and ideas in small or large group settings
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment
- Work with limited direction on assignments.
- Stays current with software and industry trends.
- Mentors of junior developers
You Must Have:
- Preferred B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
- 8+ years’ experience utilizing Quadient Inspire Composition software and tools, including design, development and implementation of technical solutions utilizing the tools
- 6+ years’ experience utilizing address cleansing and postal presort software
- 6+ years’ experience object-oriented design/development using general purpose languages
- Knowledge of print file formats such as PostScript, AFP and PDF is required.
- Experience with Merge/Purge and record rollup/manipulation tools
- Effective communicator of concepts to technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to contribute to the development of solid business/technical proposals.
- Capacity to effectively handle multiple technical roles in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes.
- No sponsorship provided
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience utilizing XML input and output formats
- Programming experience with .NET, JAVA, C#, and SQL highly desired.
- Previous print and direct mail experience
- Knowledge of other composition tools a plus (OpenText Exstream, Compart Mill Plus, Solimar Rubika and SPDE, etc.)
- Familiarity with of USPS address standardization, NCOA and Presort tools such as Architect, Postalsoft Presort, Mail Manager
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.