HR Facility Leader (R2718)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a HR Facility Leader to help lead transformational change in our business. You and our team will be responsible for driving and achieving our desired results, culture, value proposition, mission, and core purpose. What does that require? Leadership. Courage. Resilience. Engagement. Flexibility. Why you want this role: Be part of an amazing team, and roll up your sleeves to truly drive meaningful culture and operational change to transform and grow our company.
In a more formal sense, we are seeking an experienced HR Leader to join our team. Critical to success in this role is a strong business acumen, ability to learn Taylor businesses and build strong and credible partnerships with leaders. This role engages as a trusted advisor, coach, and consultant for senior leaders to improve leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance; and plays an integral role on management teams within the business unit to add value to the organization.
Based on your location, there is the opportunity to split the week between the North Mankato and Byron facilities. Majority of the week (3 days) would be spent in Mankato facility.
- Assist in identifying opportunities and creating action plans to drive employee engagement and leadership development programs in order to shape the employee experience
- Assist managers in resolving employee relations issues, including investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Provide exceptional service to employees and managers by reinforcing our HR Operating model and providing direction quickly, completely and professionally.
- Apply HR best practices and principles, consulting with HR Director when necessary; Recommend operating policies and procedural improvements for the HR department.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and training of human resources policies and procedures
- Conduct company training, assign and manage employee e-learning through Learning Management System (LMS).
- Counsel management team concerning employee work-related issues such as staffing, disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, and performance reviews.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- 4+ years of related/relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of a wide variety of human resources principles and practices
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, perform varied work that is complex in nature with independent judgment, and interact with a diverse group of internal & external customers
We Would Also Prefer:
- Working knowledge of State and Federal employment regulations, statues, law
- Strong decision making ability
- Ability to communicate effectively to large groups of employees
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to schedule priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to maintain confidences and discreetly handle sensitive documents and information
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 by continuously investing in the latest technology and the best talent. Fast-paced and forward-looking, Taylor rewards those who can grow our business ― and our people. Work-life balance is a priority here and you’ll see that in our compensation and benefits package as well. In addition to competitive pay and lucrative incentives, we offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ long-term potential.