Security Guard, Part-time (R7139)
Prime Pork is seeking a qualified individual to serve as part-time security at their pork plant. Hours for the position will be 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. when the production lines are operating. Position will also cover for time off of full-time staff as needed which could include days, evenings and weekends. Responsible for securing plant and grounds while maintaining a professional attitude with all associates, vendors and public.
- Monitors plant activity.
- Hourly rounds (checking trailer temps, room temps, and gates).
- Monitor all associates entering and existing building including car traffic.
- Weight master scales, weighing trailers in and out.
- Answering switchboard after hours.
- Billing loads.
- Follow and implement company policies.
- Operate company owned vehicles
- Receive and sort company mail
- Inspect trailers for cleanliness and operability
- Receive shipments of supplies and raw materials
- Ability to work any shift
- Good verbal communication.
- Ability to stand or walk for entire shift.
- Ability to work in areas of extreme heat, and cold conditions
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on a daily basis and be able to stand for up to 12 hours
- Ability to read and write as required
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and to demonstrate a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Detail oriented and reliable
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to sit, stand, squat, walk, grasp, lift, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Security experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people
At Prime Pork, LLC, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.