Inserter Operator- 2nd shift (R7288)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions, a division of Taylor Corporation, is seeking a 2nd Shift Inserter Operator who is experienced in running high-speed inserters, such as BlueCrest, Kern, and/or Bell and Howell, to work in our Arden Hills, Minnesota location.
- Read and interpret job information on order to determine production operation
- Set up and operate machine inserting statements and other related materials into envelopes for mailing (calibration, cleaning, etc.)
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Make continuous quality checks throughout operations
- Troubleshoot simple issues that might occur during the shift
- Report problems or concerns with quality results with senior management immediately
- Place letters/packages into bins to be shipped once inserted
- Must fully understand and show ability to utilize job instructions, documentation, and quality procedures. Understand DRS & Count mode processing
- Must have a good understanding of the 2D barcode and how to interpret the 2D barcode
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Monday – Friday, 2pm – 10pm.
You Must Have:
- 6 months+ inserting experience in a production environment
- Strong attention to detail and be comfortable working independently
- Must have basic measuring skills - able to read a ruler and other measurement devices
- Must have basic problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills (open, save, print a file, enter data)
- Be able to work extended hours and weekends based on production schedule
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
We Would Also Prefer:
- Prior experience within the mailing industry/face paced high production environment
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.