Machine Operator (R5113)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Precision Press is adding a Machine Operator in Mankato, Minnesota to help serve our customers’ needs. This person is responsible for operating various machines and equipment used in finishing and packaging paper documents and labels.
- Monday - Friday; 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Operate equipment such as slitter rewinders, table top rewinders, poly wrappers, paper cutters, and other bindery equipment.
- Inspect label products, repair rolls with splices, rewind larger rolls to smaller count rolls, slit multiple across rolls to single rolls per customer requirements.
- Perform various hand operations such as applying labels to various products, cut, wrap products, assist in other areas as needed daily
- Wrap product in plastic using shrink wrapping machine, pack products in boxes, and tape lids of boxes shut appropriately for proper shipping while inspecting product for any quality defects.
- Stack, pack, and transport printed materials in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on delivery tables of specific equipment.
- Maintain attendance according to facility guidelines as well as be able to work constructively with co-workers, supervisors, vendors while performing daily responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Ability to read, interpret, and decipher general written instructions from documents such as work orders, parts orders, safety regulations, operating procedures, or other job specific written documents.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with fellow employees.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Precision Press is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.