Equipment Operator (R7762)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Taymark Inc., A Taylor Company, is seeking a temporary full time Equipment Operator to work in our Wood Shop. The position is responsible for providing our customers with high-quality, short-run, cuts that will be a quality product and delivered timely. Operator will set up and cut lumber, cardboard tubes, PVC and cardboard using a radial arm saw, chop saw and table saw.
- Monday-Friday, Saturday as needed, starting time 6:00am to 3:00 pm depending on work load.
- Reviews cutting work orders for special instructions
- Ensures that production deadlines are met
- Cuts and boxes finished work orders
- Ensures quality standards of cut products
- Cleans, services, adjusts, and makes routine equipment repairs
- Maintains records of production output
- Ensure required resources are available in order to complete job.
- Evaluate output and make adjustments to obtain a desired level of cut quality
- Contact and interface with department leads and supervisor
- Ensure proper paper handling, conditioning, and loading.
- Make productivity recommendations to workflow
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous wood shop experience preferred
- Basic mechanical abilities and motor skills
- Knowledge of various types of cutting systems as well as their differences
- Knowledge of various finishing operations and equipment
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions.
We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taymark Inc. is a Taylor Corporation company located in White Bear Lake MN, provides a full range of products and services to recognize the achievements of school aged children and the celebration marking milestones in their lives. We will respond with products for schools, teachers, parents, advisors and coaches to help develop children’s pride and confidence in their achievements and provide lasting memories of celebrations of significant events in their formative years. Taymark also provides Business Communication products such as; Letterhead, Stationery, Brochures, Post Cards, Holiday cards, Recognition certificates and jackets etc. Business units within Taymark include: Elementary & Middle School, High School & Prom, PaperDirect, Idea Art, M&N Party and Fulfillment (Pick & Pack and Wide-Format Digital Print)
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.