1st Shift Shipping and Receiving Clerk (R7301)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a 1st Shift Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise, and similar items
- Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods and enters into the inventory control system
- Put away and manage raw and finished goods inventory in the warehouse
- Pull product from the warehouse to deliver to the production floor
- Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons, and other containers prior to final packing for shipment and affixes identifying information to the packages
- Use various shipping systems for FedEx, UPS, and USPS
- Adjust to a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Assist in monthly inventory cycle counting
- May operate a forklift, hand truck, or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Perform other warehouse and shipping duties as needed
- Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment
- Records shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability
- Receives and unpacks materials and supplies
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
- Completes shipping and receiving reports.
You Must Have:
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Ability to work independently, problem-solving as needed
We Would Also Prefer:
- Knowledge of operations of material handling equipment such as sit-down forklifts, electric pallet jacks, and reach trucks
- High school diploma or its equivalent preferred with 0 - 2 years’ experience
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.