Export Specialist (R6837)
Are you looking to grow your professional career in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate professionals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Export Specialist, located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures and supports to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
When you join our team, as an Export Specialist, your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform varied clerical duties including a combination of processing and preparing exporting paper work, billing
- Reviews all delivery notes for special instructions and highlights them for material handler.
- Prepare all special labels for customer orders.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Responsible for generating all export documentation to ensure timely customs clearance.
- Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of export documentation to all foreign banks to ensure prompt payment
- Responsible for communicating directly with customers to ensure all documentation is completed and adequate to clear customs
- Provides information to customer service representatives when requested.
- Must acquire extensive knowledge of vendor platforms (ocean carriers and banks)
- File shipment on Automated Export System (AES) for government requirements
- Submitting shipping instructions to the ocean carriers for each export booking
- Must control receipt of all health certificates from each freezer location to ensure prompt delivery of documentation to our customer
- Responsible for generating, among other items, the shipping instructions, invoices, packing lists, insurance, certificate of origins, beneficiary certificates and sight drafts
- Must ensure all calculations relating to weights, currency and metric conversations are accurate
- Must frequently review and update country requirements
- Other duties upon request .
As an Export Specialist, you will be required to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years warehouse experience, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Basic Math skills including ability to convert LBS and KGS, add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Good computer skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- May be required to work long hours, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of office systems and procedures.
- Ability to sit, stand, squat, walk, bend, grasp, lift, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a daily basis.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.