Supervisor, Maintenance-PM (R7317)
HyLife Food Windom a division of the Hylife organization is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a Maintenance Supervisor-PM located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN.
- Follow all Personnel Safety and Food Safety policies/procedures, GMP’s and plant rules. Enforce safety rules and practices. Process Safety Management, SOP’s and regulatory related information.
- Directly supervise and manage maintenance employees, including select, train, and coach maintenance employees and evaluate performance against performance requirements, and initiates discipline process when necessary.
- Assign employees to daily tasks of maintaining the facility and production equipment via work orders and follow-up as required.
- Assures all production schedules are met and resolved, assigned employees to daily tasks of maintaining the facility/production work and preventative maintenance are completed in a timely manner. Check critical plant equipment daily.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by issuing disciplinary actions.
- Performs accident investigations.
- Ensure the safe operation of plant equipment and machinery, the safe use of tools and the safety of others working in the immediate area
- Supervise the operation, repair and maintenance of all equipment involved with a meat processing facility, to include all ammonia equipment, compressed air, dehumidification equipment, steam, cooling systems, air and water filters, plumbing, heat exchangers, water treatment, heaters, level controls and water systems.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair electrical systems, electrical controls, electric motors, pumps, gearboxes, blowers/fans.
- Resolve equipment malfunctions by evaluating performance breakdowns, identifying the root cause, safely repairing the equipment, and taking actions to prevent recurring failures.
- Manage the utilization and operation of the CMMS system to include MRO/Inventory functions.
- Coordinate work with production to minimize outages. Must anticipate plant priorities as situations arise.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements and changes to enhance production and maintainability of the facility and equipment.
- Maintain awareness of employee’s concerns.
- Promote good housekeeping in the maintenance areas and general facility.
- Ensure all assigned work and preventative maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Must be able to document all appropriate records and submittals to meet requirements set forth by OSHA, EPA, USDA and plant management.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Ability to stand or walk for an entire shift.
- Ability to withstand higher levels of noise, dust and odors associated with a pork facility.
- Ability to work in areas of extreme heat or cold conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of team members.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in English/ Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrate the ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Must attach Resume to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled