Production Manager (R5583)
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is searching for a Production Manager. This position supervises production floor managers and reports to Director of Operations.
- Assist in controlling expenses;
- Meet USDA and OSHA requirements;
- Interpret and enforce company policies;
- Maintain a positive and constructive work environment;
- Assist in the determination of manpower needs and makes recommendations;
- Prepare and maintain prescribed records and reports to ensure that they reflect conditions accurately;
- Solve problems in an effective manner with sound follow up;
- Work with department heads to meet production, quality, yields, goals, and metrics - while at the same time ensuring the maintenance of labor standards and quality of performance and product;
- Inspect and maintain a high degree of competence in the areas of safety, sanitation, security, and food safety;
- Manage evaluate and train production supervisors; and oversee all designated shift operations and any other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Director of Operations .
- Other duties include ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies, leading and implementing initiatives, and collaborating with all members of management within plant and corporate as well as with external representatives (customers/vendors).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- College degree, or equivalent experience, with 6+ years of progressive experience in field of expertise.
- Industry specific manufacturing experience; continuous improvement or Lean manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work with department heads to meet safety, production and quality yields and meet goals.
- Ability to lead people by example
- Ability to accept and delegate responsibility
- Ability to display sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to problem solve in an efficient manner with sound follow up
- Possess strong managerial skills necessary
- Possess excellent safety and attendance records.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About Our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm® is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.