Maintenance Planner (R5692)
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is an organization and leading primary pork processor for domestic and world markets, is seeking an experienced Maintenance Planner. To sustain our position as a premier supplier of quality food products, we strive to employ talented and motivated people capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. This position is based in the vibrant community of Windom, Minnesota, which has a reputation for its beauty and high quality of life.
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for providing maintenance planning support for all facets of the operations at Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, Windom. This position is all about efficient scheduling of assignments and execution of maintenance work, as well as supporting the process to ensure safe, environmentally sound and cost effective operations in accordance with the expectations, goal and objectives of our partners. The Maintenance Planner will also be responsible for planning and scheduling of preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment and facilities to ensure that any potential production downtime is minimalized.
- Develop strategies for preventive and predictive maintenance systems.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance are done in an accurate and high-quality manner
- Analyze and evaluate breakdowns and repairs to identify if additional maintenance measures/repairs are needed to keep equipment running properly
- Execute the Plant Preventative Maintenance program utilizing the CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Leadership Team, coordinate labor resources, equipment, parts and materials to support the maintenance function
- Administer all day to day maintenance planning activities. Assign priority to work orders as per customer requirements and schedule them accordingly
- Using trade knowledge effectively plan large electrical and mechanical work for shutdowns.
- Coordinate all contractor based repairs in the facility
- Power User of the CMMS
- Utilizing the CMMS, organize, distribute and audit all work orders to maximize plant efficiency and minimize production downtime
- Work in parallel with the purchasing team to ensure all parts are available to ensure work can be executed.
- Create work orders as required
- Participate in maintenance team initiatives to mature the planning process
- Assist with management of work order backlog and aging process
- Ensure open work orders meet required standard (all required permits and information is included) and status is kept up to date
- Generate weekly and monthly plan compliance statistics
- Develop cost and time estimates of planned maintenance work
- Work with production and HACCP teams to coordinate activities and understand priorities
- Ensure key performance indicators are captured and reported for equipment reliability, maintenance department performance, planning and scheduling business flows
- Go-to-person for all 3rd party contractor work execution and tracking
- Work on developing a robust preventive, and predictive maintenance program
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree maintenance, electrical or related field or up to 6 years’ relevant experience 2 years’ experience in a Maintenance Planner role
- Process Safety Management certification, preferred but not required
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and procedures
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office as well as an ability to adapt to other software applications, including a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Experience in a food production environment
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Strong focus on food safety and workplace safety
- Must be very detail oriented, as they must develop detailed work plans that include procedures, standards, and other information for maintenance programs.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
About our Company:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm® is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.