1st Shift Lettershop Supervisor (R574)
Taylor communications is looking for an individual to supervise a team of lettershop production employees while assisting in the day-to-day operations of a lettershop floor. This individual will be responsible for maintaining quality, and production rates while ensuring the safest working environment possible and maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Monday - Friday (5:30am-2:00pm)
- Provide leadership and operational direction to a team of hourly lettershop employees.
- Oversees insertion of projects according to established production schedule.
- Ensure that all lettershop activities are in conformance with job ticket and machine specifications.
- Adjusts staffing at inserting equipment to accommodate different projects, ensures that proper product is being produced according to job ticket as well as consistently monitors process to ensure that quality and throughput standards are met.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- Oversees training/cross training of assigned staff, appraises performance and initiates discipline process.
- Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Assures that all employees follow company policies, procedures and established work instructions.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies and regulations are enforced, by reporting policy infractions to HR and/or Safety Manager as well as being involved with taking appropriate disciplinary actions. Performs preliminary accident investigations.
- Conducts inspections, constantly monitors all work areas for cleanliness.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years' prior supervisory experience and leadership in a lettershop environment.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people. Bilingual in Hmong and English a plus.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, squat, kneel, crouch, grasp, lift, talk and hear.
About Our Company:
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.