3rd Shift Production Supervisor (R7742)
Taylor Corporation has big plans for the future and we need talented leaders to get us there. We power the world’s leading brands ― and our employees’ careers ― by unlocking potential everywhere we see it. If you love to lead, are open to new ideas and inspire the best in others, we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for professionals like you.
Want to be part of something powerful? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Communications is seeking a Production Supervisor to join their fast-paced production environment that is constantly working towards bettering our current processes and implementing new and exciting equipment and technologies to stay current with trends and new customer opportunities. This position is responsible for supervising a team of individuals performing related functions to the operation of flexo printing presses, production equipment and/or supporting production processes.
- Monday - Friday, 10:45 pm. to 7:15 a.m.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in their department activities
- Plans, prepares, and devises work schedules, according to budgets, and workloads
- Issues instructions and assigns duties to workers
- Observes and evaluates workers’ performance and proposes raises
- Interviews and assists in the hiring process
- Provides proper documentation and feedback around performance for any disciplinary needs.
- Communicates and works as a team with other departments, subordinates, and management to resolve problems, complaints, grievances and expedite work
- Helps workers in resolving problems and completing tasks. Including press related problems making sure proper individuals are contacted to fix the problem.
- Recommends or implements measures to motivate employees and improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency
- Conducts biweekly meetings with employees to provide performance updates
- Develop, mentor & train employees to assist in meeting both organizational & individual objectives
- Foster positive employee relations
- Provide safe work environment
- Promote advancement of the employees
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of company policies
You Must Have:
- High School diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 1-3 years of related management work experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Business knowledge and ability to see effects of decisions on the company
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation to maintain an effective working environment as well as ensure continuity of service to customers
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and evaluate P&L, financials ROI, Labor Costs, Material Costs and Waste
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
We Would Also Prefer:
- Associate of Arts or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Background in digital printing/manufacturing
- Experience in managing production schedules
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.