Financial Analyst III (R6983)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Amsterdam Printing & Litho, Inc., a Taylor Corporation company, is seeking a Financial Analyst III to join the Amsterdam, NY team! The Financial Analyst III will work under the direction of the Manager of Financial Analysis to ensure continuous improvement of processes, plan, and forecast and understand financial metrics in order to provide accurate information to internal and corporate management. The core functions of the job are centered around providing analytical support for business development including preparation of financial models and due diligence.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Actuarial Science or related field
- 3+ years of progressive financial experience in cost accounting, manufacturing and foreign entity reporting
- Experience with Lean Accounting Principles, Practices and Tools
- Experience with Six-Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques and metrics
- Demonstrated knowledge of general and cost accounting (GAAP)
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel pivot tables, macros, VLOOKUP, and PowerPoint
- Ability to prepare and present complex information both succinctly and accurately
- Possess a consultative mindset that promotes improvements in operating effectiveness, efficiency and net income
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes, handle frequent interruptions yet refocus on the task at hand or determine the most important tasks
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high stress and changing environment
PREFERRED EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- MS Degree in Accounting is preferred /CPA preferred
- Experience working with multiple systems and large databases
- Experience working within a manufacturing accounting environment is highly preferred
- Assists with month end close process, including preparation of necessary data required to be uploaded into the corporate financial system, account reconciliation, processing check and wire requests.
- Assists with budget preparation process.
- Prepares financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, variance analysis, cost reports, etc. and have the ability to explain variances.
- Provides timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Company Leadership and other personnel in performing their responsibilities. Must possess strong financial acumen and be comfortable using a wide variety of financial techniques to perform financial analysis.
- Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities for improved financial performance.
- Participates in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others throughout the company.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of other departments on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Works with estimating personnel to ensure an open, communicative relationship with sales and account teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL ABILITIES & CRITICAL SKILLS
- Data Analysis/Numeracy- Understands advanced mathematical concepts relevant to his/her work; comfortable and effective at performing tasks that require use of advanced mathematical techniques. Draws accurate inferences from analyzing mathematical data; Makes effective use of tools and technology to analyze numerical data.
- Problem Solving- Breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable components; identifies key factors that influence the viability of different solutions; clarifies information needed to solve problems
- Business and Financial Acumen- Understands budgeting, forecasting, and financial control. Demonstrates understanding of key financial terms such as CTO, NIBT, EBITDA, Revenue, Fixed and Variable Costs, etc. Understands how the firm competes within its industry and makes money. Understands external forces, markets and competitive pressures. Understands trade-offs, risks and consequences around making decisions when budgeting and financial controls.
- Teamwork & Collaboration- Shows enthusiasm toward being a member of the group; actively participates in team meetings and activities; leverages the skills and interests of coworkers to achieve goals and solve problems; supports team decisions.
- Regulatory Matters- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements for area of responsibility, including Maquiladora laws and regulations and/or other geographical regulatory matters concerning finance.
- Communicating Effectively- Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; messages are both complete and succinct; focuses on critical information and leaves out irrelevant or unnecessary details; provides effective responses to questions. Tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; focuses on relevant topics; uses vocabulary and terminology appropriate given the background of the audience; Uses appropriate language, grammar and pronunciation; easy to understand.
- Accountability- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad.
- Credibility - Adheres to a set of core values that are represented in decisions and actions. Does the right thing, even when it is difficult. Demonstrates technical proficiency, reliable customer service and delivery of results in supporting clients; speaks with authority and is respected by others; maintains objectivity in dealing with issues. Removes/ minimizes bias from decisions.
- English is the primary language of communication
- Proficiency speaking Spanish is a plus, but is not required
- Primary work schedule is Monday – Friday, days
- Occasional night/weekend work may be required based on emergent or critical business needs
- Ability to travel up to 10% (primarily within North America)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Amsterdam Printing & Litho, Inc., a Taylor company, has been a leader in the promotional product space for over 125 years. Amsterdam serves the small business customer with products that are used for customer retention, tradeshow giveaways, employee appreciation, new customer generation, brand awareness and new product launches. Amsterdam currently has operations in New York, Minnesota, Canada, Mexico and the Philippines however, the primary manufacturing facility and leadership team is based in Amsterdam, NY.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.