Finance Associate (R3908)
Curtis 1000 is seeking a Finance Associate to provide a full range of routine accounting type activities such as journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statement distribution for our Finance Team. In this position, you will also contribute by promoting a positive customer experience through timely and accurate transactional processing and positive customer interactions.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 to 5:00
- Assist in the month-end closing and distribution of monthly financial statements
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare g/l account reconciliations
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Ensure the accuracy of all financial statement in accordance to established company practices
- Prepare A/P intercompany payments. Review intercompany A/R A/P variances and provide variance explanations, as required
- Work closely with AP to coordinate timely cutoffs for accrued liabilities and material cost accruals to keep an accurate matching of revenue and expense.
- Create analytical reports as part of the month end review process
- Serve as a liaison to location managers, assisting them with accounting related issues
- Record daily banking transactions and produce monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare large customer monthly invoice with supporting schedules
- Adhere to all company accounting regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- High School diploma or equivalent; college Accounting coursework preferred.
- 2-5 years previous accounting experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and accounting principles.
- Advanced Proficiency with Excel including Pivot tables and V-lookup experience.
- Ability to create professional and grammatically correct business correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations using decimals and percentages.
- Strong attention to details is critical for this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully meet time sensitive deadlines with accuracy.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130+ year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
“Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.”