Production Planner (R6714)
Are you looking to grow your professional career in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate professionals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a Production Planner located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures and supports to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
When you join our team as a Production Planner, your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain strong partnerships with manufacturing operations, plant schedulers, and sales to create production plans
- Create production plans in fulfillment of customer demand, while minimizing distressed product risks
- Provide availability of production reports and collaborate with sales and operations to maximize production plans towards customer demand
- Provide the operations team with daily production plans that produce finished goods needed to support customer orders and forecasted demand
- Manage data horizons of 26 - 52 weeks for production planning, sales forecasting / availability, and labor forecasting
- Management of finished goods, work in process, excess & obsolete inventory
- Balance available stock within the distribution network for operational efficiencies with base & pre-build business situations
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to ensure inventory is managed according to constraints and targets that are aligned with the business strategy
- Establish critical inventory parameters for Target & Safety Stock settings for finished goods, while considering supply lead time, warehouse and transportation constraints
- Actively interact with demand management, manufacturing, quality, warehousing & transportation to solve finished goods issues & consumption patterns
- Measure, analyze, and report key process metrics, while monitoring adherence to key performance indicators (KPI) that are assigned to the assigned product categories
- Identifies possible material shortages against inventory plans and develops action items. Marshal resources to address action items and follow up on all material shortage-related issues
- Responsible for long-term capacity status, weekly category KPI updates, product shortage reporting & ad-hoc daily information flow amongst supply planning partners (Demand Planning, Customer Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Business Management)
- Accountable for Key metrics, to include:
- Customer Order Fulfillment %
- Working Capital/Days On Hand Inventory (DOH)
- Stock Transfer Order Utilization - Weights/Cube • Pre-build Monitoring - Production & Storage
As a Production Planner, you will be required to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in supply chain management/operations/finance/engineering/mathematics and 3+ years of experience within supply planning, inventory control, logistics management and/or manufacturing production - perishable manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification, a plus
- Work experience in a team based environment within manufacturing or supply chain
- Experience with SAP and its related supply chain applications
- Experience with Advance Planning Systems (Logility/JDA/APO/etc.) is required - specifically Logility is a plus
- Proficiency using PC-base Technology (Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and Access)
- Strong technical skills around data management, analytics, data processing and problem solving
- Well organized, with strong attention to details
- Strong mathematical/statistical abilities
- Hands on experience with modeling, analysis & simulation tools
- Proven ability to build working business relationships
- High level of interpersonal skills & hands on experience working with multiple partners to resolve exceptions and negotiate best alternatives in meeting service level goals
- Able to provide data to support & explain reasoning for decisions
- Works well under pressure with limited supervision, and be able to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform in a command-and-control role and manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.