Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift (R6724)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform maintenance and repair of machines and equipment. This position will diagnose equipment, assist with installations of machines as well as performing preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Trouble shoots electronic and electrical issues
- Assist operators on difficult set ups of the production equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on all types of equipment
- Perform effective emergency repairs on all types of equipment
- Assemble and install new equipment
- Complete daily log of activity
- Make modifications to existing equipment to reduce downtime and maximize production efficiencies
- Work closely with and be able to communicate with internal and external suppliers
- Keep accurate records
- Create requisitions for equipment and parts
- Provide technical support to all areas of Curtis 1000
- Monday – Friday, 4pm – 12am
- On call every 3rd weekend
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years mechanical maintenance experience
- Experience with inline inserting, inline folding and Xerox machines
- Ability to read electrical schematics
We Would Also Prefer:
- Ability to operate band saws, grinders, table saws, etc.
- Ability to project a positive and inviting demeanor
- Ability to provide clear, simple direction to Operators
- Ability to work with numbers
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast paced work environment
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel and Word)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Curtis 1000
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.