Knife Room Operator, 2nd shift (R6647)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC. We create limitless opportunities for passionate individuals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a 2nd shift Knife Room Operator located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning and sharpening of knives and blades
- Maintain inventory of knives and blades
- Understand knife counts for production carts/tubs
- Maintain quality and integrity of knife room machines
- Issue equipment and uniforms to team members
- Basic understanding of inventory maintenance
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Physical ability to lift 10-25 pounds and sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl repeatedly
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business operations, logistics, mathematics, or related field preferred
- One year of knife handling & sharpening experience preferred.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune.