Financial Report Writer (R5472)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking an energetic, professional and highly-organized individual to work in our North Mankato, MN corporate office. This opportunity will support the management report writing needs for Taylor Corporation and its affiliate companies. The Financial Report Writer will focus on internal management reporting and company reporting utilizing both our General Ledger and excel add in functionality.
- Use the Spreadsheet Server Excel add-on to prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare variance analysis file for actuals and forecast reporting
- Assist in maintenance of company budgets in Excel, facilitation of budget uploads, and budget reporting
- Use Sharepoint as a collaborative tool for budget files
- Maintain Lawson reporting for individual companies and Enterprise Groups
- Respond to inquiries sent to the Report Writer email box
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts in Lawson
- Assist in facilitation of quarterly forecast uploads, eliminations, and reporting
- Close companies in Lawson
- Assists in projects as needed
- Identifies, communicates and performs accounting best practices
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years’ General Ledger experience
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting principles and practices with GAAP
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicate effectively through written and oral methods in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, etc.), with heavy emphasis on Excel skills
- Demonstrated competence and excellence in spelling and grammar skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills-forward thinker
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective and efficient time management skills
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.