Warehouse Manager, 2nd shift (R6712)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Prime Pork. We create limitless opportunities for passionate individuals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Warehouse Manager, 2nd Shift located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Warehouse.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure Associates follow all safety policies and procedures. Thoroughly investigate and report all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner. Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Ensure proper food safety practices are maintained.
- Direct the operations of the assigned work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Conduct shift meetings.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, or inspection results.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
- Conduct meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
- Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, or career development.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or disciplinary measures.
- Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
- Resolve personnel problems, complaints, or formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
- Other duties as requested.
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 3+ years related experience in a warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Previous food processing experience, manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies, and operations procedures, preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards and USDA/HACCP regulations.
- Knowledge of SAP, Manufacturing software, Inventory software, Internet, Spreadsheet, Word and Order processing, preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Travel required, up to 5% of the time.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Linda at 507-303-7515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.