Technical Business Analyst - Digital Messaging (R7663)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions is seeking a Business Analyst – Digital Messaging to monitor and optimize email delivery, provide service delivery in designing, building, implementing and managing email, SMS, and other digital communications campaigns. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of how email-at-scale works, and API integrations. Day-to-day activities include meeting with stakeholders to gather requirements, consulting on messaging best practices, message creation and service delivery according to established timelines, and working directly with our digital messaging vendor(s). Team duties also include segmenting lists, managing mail list databases, drafting engaging content and analyzing results. The ability to manage multiple projects and deliver high quality work in a timely manner is key in this role, and the ability to work collaboratively with other IT and Account Management staff is essential to success in this position. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of ensuring that the Infrastructure and Support provided to our customers lead to greater customer success, industry-leading status and corporate profitability. They will work to ensure consistently high levels of deliverability across our diverse client-base, optimize existing practice where appropriate and build meaningful tools and products that help our teams deliver desired outcomes.
- Translate new business requests (from both internal and external audiences) into formal proposal including drafting, creating and documenting statements of work, timeline and deliverable expectations and the expressed scopes of work.
- Elicit requirements from the business partners and Clients (i.e.: Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Non-Functional Specifications, Use Cases, other artifacts).
- Facilitate requirement review sessions (with the project team, including business partners, developers, and others)
- Clearly and concisely document requirements and functional specifications using appropriate requirement tools/techniques (such as use cases, process maps, etc.).
- Work with developers to translate requirements into something that they understand, and then translate developers' subsequent questions into something the stakeholders can understand.
- Conduct and summarize informal and formal requirements reviews as items are being developed.
- Translate and document client business requests into written IT baseline detailed business requirements for application development
- Perform gap analysis of current state and desired end-state of an application.
- Solution assessment and validation to ensure there are no gaps from the requirement process and development stages.
- Create and discuss process flow and data flow diagrams using visio or similar tools.
- Participate in project planning sessions, defining the scope of the project and defining the business requirements.
- Design and execute test script, participate in system testing.
- May be called upon as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business partners, clients and/or the technical team for post deployment product support, relating to business process and workflow.
- Create and maintain process and/or procedure guides.
- Assist with task realization, guided / mentored by a senior Business Systems Analyst, Technical Lead or Project Manager.
- Serve as a liaison for project managers, development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Work with project stakeholders to identify, document and validate requirements. Help to scope the system, identify potential areas of automation and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Work with compliance and security teams to document and understand requirements (HIPAA, HiTrust, PHI, PII, PCI, etc.)
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization
- Participation in R&D Team Meetings and prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
You Must Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of professional experience in the role of business analyst or system analyst.
- 1+ year of email deliverability experience
- 1+ year experience in email operations (sender, ESP, or receiver)
- Technical aptitude with an understanding of the technical aspects of email, including FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC etc.
- Familiarity with communications industry organizations in general and specifically, data collection and handling requirements from a legislative (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR etc.) and ISP (Gmail, Microsoft, Yahoo! etc.) perspective.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of business analysis, project management, and client support
- The ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- The ability to build rapport with our clients and internal cross-functional teams
- Experience with effectively communicate information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff, and management verbally and in written form.
- Experience with creating various artifacts – process maps, business requirement document, gap analysis document, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects at the same time
- The initiative to take responsibility for finding alternative approaches to solve or troubleshoot issues
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), workflow management tools like Jira.
We Would Also Prefer:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Project Coordinator experience
- Knowledge of Agile and/or Kanban as well as the Waterfall Frameworks
- Familiarity with Jira and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of marketing, advertising, and/or application development
- Experience in the Mortgage, Banking, Insurance or Print Industry
- Certifications: IIBP-CBAP, PMI-PBA, IIBP-AAC or similar
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.