Manager, Distribution (R4154)
Taylor Communications is seeking a Distribution Manager to lead the overall day to day operation of the Monroe Township, NJ Distribution Center. The position is responsible for talent acquisition, training, scheduling and ensuring a safe work environment. Provides guidance to Supervisors regarding the coordination of department standards with overall company objectives.
- Monday through Friday; some weekends and off-shifts, as volume and service needs dictate 5 x 24 operation
- Managing the day to day operations of a distribution center
- Floor leadership, employee engagement, customer satisfaction
- Track and report key performance metrics as part of a Visual Business Operating System
- Lead, coach, mentor and motivate direct reports to achieve the optimum level of performance
- Develop and implement department goals, communicates expectations, timelines, processes and performance feedback to department personnel
- Implement and ensures a safe work environment
- Develop and implement consistent department processes, delivering productivity improvements in a LEAN culture.
- Oversee hiring, training and maintaining employee relations
- Responsible for controlling expenses, inventory control and loss prevention
- Ensures on time shipment for BtoB enterprise customers
- Adhere to established warehouse policies and practices
- Develops and monitors departmental budget and control costs
- Demonstrates an understanding of the P&L
- Associate degree or minimum of 5 years in distribution management
- Inventory control experience required
- Strong analytical and computer skills including; Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem solving/decision making abilities
- Documented work history of increasing responsibility
- Strong working knowledge of FedEx, UPS and DHL manifesting systems
- Knowledge of operations of material handling equipment such as sit-down lift trucks, reach trucks and order pickers
- Experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and utilizing bar code scanners desired
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taylor Communications is a Taylor Corporation company located in Monroe Township, NJ. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.