Regulatory Program Specialist (R6584)
Under direct supervision, responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing, changing, reassessing and management of the food safety system, which includes the following programs; HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point), SSOP (sanitation standard operating procedures), SPS (sanitation performance standards), PRP (prerequisite programs) and AMS Programs..
- Review the trends of the food safety system, gather data pertaining to those programs, calculate statistical process control, and interpret the data. This position will gather data from the Lab Manager and QA Manager for trend analysis for lab testing, shelf life and environmental testing.
- Prepare the bi-weekly food safety meeting agenda and necessary data to present to the food safety team.
- Ensure that all regulatory monitoring records meet regulations 9 CFR 417.3 and 416.15. This includes scheduling direct observations, and ensuring that record reviews and pre-shipment reviews have been conducted daily.
- Record destruction, will manage the destruction of records as per the Quality program for records retention.
- Will conduct quarterly reassessments of the food safety system and the annual reassessment. In addition, all 90-day reassessments will be developed, written and tracked along with tracking all facility upgrades (equipment and structural).
- The Regulatory Program Specialist will also lead the food safety team in answering USDA non-compliance records; food safety assessments conducted by the USDA and perform trend analysis of the non-compliance records.
- May be required to travel.
- May require availability outside of normal business hours.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience with food safety systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Animal Science, Food Science, Business Management or other related science degree preferred.
- Experience with statistics, specifically statistical process control
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and regulatory agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug tests.
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm™ Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune. If you want to join this fun, new start up, please contact Salena at 507-303-7556 or Salena.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.