Pre-Sales Consultant (Solution Architect) (R7654)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions, a Taylor Corporation company, is seeking a Pre-Sales Consultant to join their team! In this role, you will be responsible for researching and understanding the needs of our clients and helping define the overall business solution leading to a Statement of Work. You will work with our internal sales representatives and other internal departments to prepare data mapping requirements, along with presentations and pricing. You will also participate in project meetings and serve as a technical resource to other departments in the organization. In this role, you are expected to maintain deep business and industry knowledge and understanding of product offerings to define solutions for clients that provide key business value.
- Act as liaison and participate in defining technology solutions with sales to solve complex, multidisciplinary business problems across all Venture Solutions offerings
- Gathering requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits (as necessary), and workflow analysis
- Document RFP responses, process flows, business requirements and other documentation as required
- Generate pricing pro forma per opportunity, as necessary
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years related work experience
- Experience in pre-sales support, sales engineering, or other similar position
- Experience writing business documents including documentation of business rules, data mapping requirements, and Statement of Work
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer-facing skills
- Current experience with MS Office, especially Excel, Word and MSProject
- The ability to be self-directed and to work as a team
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
We Would Also Prefer:
- 3+ years of experience working directly with clients within the Print and Mail industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly experienced at dealing with clients/users at all levels
- Excellent understanding of the technology life cycles, concepts, and practices
- Evidence of troubleshooting and solving problems in a highly technical client-focused service environment
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.