Press Operator (R5858)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Vectra Visual, a Taylor Corporation company is looking for a Digital Print Operator to work at our Beaverton, Oregon facility. This position would have you set up and operate various equipment, which includes, but is not limited to, digital, laser and impact printers, Xerox printers, and OCE printers to produce a quality product and perform receiving, bindery, and shipping operations to meet customer requirements within prescribed time frame.
- Set-up, load and operate one or more of the Xerox, OCE, Heidelberg, HP, INCA, Durst, Fuji wide format or laser printers. Set-up, load and operate poster printers and large-format laminators.
- Responsible for conducting quality checks and ensuring high quality output of product in accordance with process standards and/or guidelines - visually inspects all press output.
- Lift cartons from pallets, carry cartons to printer(s); opens carton, lifts stock out, slices stock if necessary or fans stock.
- Perform all required preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Manipulate, impose, and prepare electronic files for production efficiently.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Monday- Friday
You Must Have:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working as a Machine Operator, preferably in a similar setting/capacity.
- Must possess the ability to pick up new learning quickly and display a willingness to train
- Able to read and interpret instructions and numbers at a level necessary to perform essential functions
- Possess basic computer terminal knowledge, keyboard skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Attentiveness to details are a must
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.