Staff Accountant (R6858)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Travel Tags, Inc. is seeking an energetic, professional and highly-organized Staff Accountant to join our Inver Grove Heights, MN team. This position will support the entire company by ensuring month end transactions are recorded timely and in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. This person will be involved in the monthly close process including journal entry and account reconciliation preparation, variance analysis, and financial reporting. This person will work closely with Finance team members, location personnel and other corporate departments. This position requires a detail oriented person with initiative, good judgment, persistence and the ability to learn systems quickly.
- Prepares company(s) financial statements.
- Assists in preparation of company budgets.
- Performs variance analysis.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, including bank and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assists in projects as needed.
- Assists in year-end audit.
- Identifies, communicates and performs accounting best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years’ General Ledger experience
- Demonstrated experience with Accounting principles and practices with GAAP
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicate effectively through written and oral methods in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated competence and excellence in spelling and grammar skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills-forward thinker
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Some financial planning & analysis knowledge and experience
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Travel Tags, Inc. specializes in unique card manufacturing and card packaging using innovative print technology including Litho, Digital, Lenticular, Screen and Specialty processes. Our creative R&D and sales teams are industry experts in building custom card programs. As a multiple ICMA People's Choice Award Winner, Travel Tags, Inc. is recognized around the world as a consumer favorite.
Travel Tags, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.