Day Shift - Equipment Operator (R3498)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Curtis 1000, a branch of Taylor Corporation, is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, formally known as Schmidt's Printing, is looking for a new team player who is dedicated to creating good quality products for our customers! Curtis 1000 offers you a clean, safe, and modernized environment that is designed to help you achieve your career goals!
- Read job ticket to ensure that all required work is performed on each job.
- Cut to size, fold, stitch, punch, coil, cuts, glue, or otherwise finish the product according to job ticket instructions.
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Examine finished products for quality assurance.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required to reduce problems, maintain quality, and minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Follow standard work methods and prescribed safety practices to ensure production is as efficient and as safe as possible.
- Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM; overtime opportunities as needed on weekends.
You Must Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and follow directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Use basic hand held tools.
We Also Prefer:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or work-related experience.
- Mechanical experience.
- Production experience.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.