Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Print & Service Solutions Group is seeking a professional to specialize in Inventory and Cost Accounting. This person will work closely with accounting team members, operations managers, and other corporate departments. This position will be involved in the monthly close process including journal entry and account reconciliation preparation, variance analysis, and financial reporting.
- Audit inventory transactions
- Monthly closing activities, including journal entry preparation and account reconciliation
- Participate in migrating legacy systems to new Oracle ERP
- Define and document inventory processes
- Review and analyze financial statement variances
- Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly reporting package
- Participate in financial planning and annual budget process
- Participate in Peer Reviews for general ledger entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare audit work papers and respond to questions/requests from auditors
- Provide assistance to other functional areas during monthly close
- Participate in self-development in order to maintain and enhance knowledge and skills required for the position
- Assist with additional projects as assigned
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years relevant accounting experience; public accounting or corporate accounting
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work independently and on a team, meet deadlines, and an interest in identifying and resolving problems
- Experience with automated accounting systems (Oracle, SAP, Lawson, BaaN, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and management
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to establish credibility, make decisions and forge relationships
We Would Also Prefer:
- Advanced degree
- CPA or CMA
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our employees span more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.