Trainer, 2nd shift Hot Side (R6650)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC. We create limitless opportunities for passionate individuals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a 2nd shift Trainer Hot Side located in the community of Windom, MN. Hours tentative 3:30pm-12am.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Directly train and coordinate the activities of production new hires and cross-trainees consistent with company policy.
- Train hourly production employees to perform duties according to product specifications
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Evaluate employee performance/techniques with cutting tools; Train hourly production employees on how to sharpen cutting tools and how to maintain sharpening devices in good condition.
- Travel the production line observing for inappropriate knife usage or knife sharpening techniques that could prevent an employee from having a sharp knife.
- Correct and retrain employees performing tasks or sharpening incorrectly
- Document all progress and training issues on the new hire training packets
- Complete progress reports on employees until they qualify for the assigned position. Review progress reports with Production Supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Working in hot environments exceeding 100° F
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret documents in English. This includes, but is not limited to; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to conduct routine reports and correspondence, and also the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees of the company
- Must possess strong analytical skills. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Must be able to use computers and all standard programs used by the industry and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all other computer programs that are or will be made available
- Must be highly skilled in the use of straight and whizard knives to include sharpening techniques and the maintenance of steels, ergo steels, and other related sharpening equipment
- Must be an effective teacher/trainer exhibiting patience and dedication; exhibit good attendance and safety practices; able to deal with stressful situations calmly and exhibit good judgement; have good time management skills
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, handle, hold, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds consistently, and up to 80 pounds occasionally.
- Must have good eyesight (color, depth, focus, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment for periods up to 10 hours.
- Two years’ experience in a food industry; two years’ experience in a production environment preferred
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune.