Estimating Representative (R8521)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Navitor Midwest, a Taylor Corporation company, is seeking an experienced Estimator in North Mankato to prepare and / or coordinate the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required. In this role, you will be responsible for the quick and efficient processing of quotes and maintaining a balance between company profitability and the ability to secure the order. In addition, we are looking for someone to assist in maintaining and providing Business Reviews for our customers.
- Based on specifications, use custom costing application to determine the most economical and effective methods and materials to produce the specifications provided.
- Receive and respond to quote requests from Sales, Customer Service, and Customers.
- Consider raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, and transportation for estimations.
- Prepare pricing spreadsheet per requirements.
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
You Must Have:
- Previous experience in an Estimating-type role and/or training.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software and Excel to create spreadsheets with simple formulas.
- Strong mathematical skills - ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ratios, and percentages.
- Basic understanding of how to read a ruler.
- Willingness to look at new and innovative ways to improve methods and processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details with minimal errors.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of previous Estimating-type experience.
- Basic understanding of the print process along with basic knowledge of paper and paper grades.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Navitor Midwest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.