Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for a professional Proofreader to join our Marketing Center of Excellence team! You will play a critical role in ensuring the quality and accuracy of content that builds our brand. You will proofread a wide variety of marketing and other corporate materials that spark engagement and ultimately drive revenue for the organization such as: blog posts, brochures, calendars, case studies, catalogs, direct mail and email, microsites, newsletters, presentations, press releases, sales collateral, surveys, web pages and whitepapers.
- Reviews content for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, format and adherence to company style/brand and AP Stylebook; corrects as needed.
- Edits copy for brevity and clarity to enhance readership by target audiences.
- Works with creative teams to facilitate preparation of accurate final artwork files for all types of content.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support targeted, timely publication of printed and digital content.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in proofreading and/or content development
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Independent, self-starter, adaptable
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; excellent time-management skills
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal and writing)
- Understanding of how the proofreading process impacts the bottom line
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience working in a B2B setting with multiple product or services lines
- Understanding of/experience working in any of Taylor's key vertical markets: healthcare, retail, manufacturing, financial services
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.