2nd Shift Equipment Operator (R8406)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: The Occasions Group (formerly known as Carlson Craft), the preferred printing partner for all of life’s events, is seeking an innovative and detail-oriented Equipment Operator who will be responsible for operating one or more production machines that produce all sorts of occasion stationeries, such as invitations, announcements, and much more!
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to gain knowledge, experience, and advancement opportunities, as well as the desire and passion for providing top-notch quality and service.
Actual duties may vary depending on the needs of the functional area.
Shift Available: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Monday-Thursday
- Set up and operate a printing press to produce special occasion items such as invitations, napkins, holiday cards, etc.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and printing issues, making adjustments and corrections to meet production and quality standards as needed
- Inspect finished products for imperfections and proofread to ensure copy is correct
- Change ink, foil, and die cuts per instruction
- Pull appropriate amounts of stock for various orders
- Periodically washing press with solvent and perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and challenging environment
- Ability to discern between different shades of color and to pick out fine details
- Ability to understand verbal and written instruction
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to learn and utilize computer programs for order processing
- Strong team player with a positive attitude towards work and others
- Basic math and problem-solving skills required
- Willing to look at new and innovative ways to improve methods and processes
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Production experience preferred
- Mechanically inclined a plus
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company:
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and holiday pay.
The Occasions Group is a group of companies set out to be the preferred printing partner that provides consumers with products and services that celebrate life in all of its occasions. Our companies strive to provide our retailers and end customers with the newest designs, services, technologies, and tools needed for selling and ordering our robust line of products. We offer everything from wedding invitations, graduation and baby announcements to party invitations, holiday cards, and so much more! Our commitment to our partners is to make it easy and smooth to do business with us, which is where you come in! We are looking for motivated individuals that want to join a team that prides itself on respect, passion for customers and for work, contributing fresh ideas, as well as sharing responsibility and accountability.
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.