Maintenance Technician - Days (R6685)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Heinrich Envelope Corp. is looking for a Maintenance Technician in Golden Valley who is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing a variety of machines. This includes printing, folding, cutting and facility related equipment. The Maintenance Tech ensures facility remains in good operating condition and address issues as they arise. Coordinate machine and facility maintenance tasks with internal resources and outside contractors as needed. Manages maintenance parts and supplies inventory.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, modification, and installation tasks.
- Performs equipment maintenance, lubrication, and inspections, adjustments, and parts replacement.
- Establishes and maintains a preventative maintenance program for all production equipment.
- Trains production personnel on preventative maintenance tasks.
- Examines and tests parts to detect imperfections.
- Repairs and/or replaces defective parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in requirements.
- Initiates purchase requisition for parts, supplies and machines.
- Participates in periodic training and development programs as required of the position.
- Coordinates and manages projects as assigned.
- Keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Overtime required as workload dictates.
- Monday – Friday, Days
- Ideally, 8am – 5pm or 9am – 6pm
You Must Have:
- 5+ years’ experience as a maintenance mechanic or technician in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills with ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as reports, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, equipment diagrams/schematics, and procedure manuals.
- Self-motivated, good problem solving skills, and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Able to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Required to furnish own hand tools (example: ratchet set, socket set, etc.).
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Experience with envelope, printing, or converting equipment.
- Experience with F.L. Smithe and W&D equipment.
- Strong electrical and equipment programming experience.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Heinrich Envelope
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Heinrich Envelope is a full-line converter, printer and creator of envelopes. We have been making envelopes since 1898 and have a wide range of envelope folding and printing equipment to produce most types and sizes of envelopes. We have the capabilities to provide solutions for many customer needs and we continue to invest in new equipment which allows us to provide even more solutions to our customers. Heinrich Envelope is located in Golden Valley, a western suburb of Minneapolis, MN
Heinrich Envelope Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.