Yards Laborer, 2nd shift (R6644)
Are you looking for a great career opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC. We create limitless opportunities for passionate individuals. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a 2nd shift Yards Laborer located in the community of Windom, MN.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented the following measures to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19:
- Strict precautionary measures to ensure the health of our employees
- Daily Health Check screening to ensure no one at risk enters the workplace
- COVID-19 Testing available (if required)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees
- Financial support for any employee off due to COVID-19
- $2/hr. appreciation bonus for our employees.
When you join our team your main responsibilities will include:
- Tattooing animals off truck
- Monitor the load for excited, slow, down, or non-ambulatory animals
- Moving livestock from unloading area, to scale, to pens, then to stunning area via the use of persuasion tools
- Segregates and culls any hogs that may have been missed and reports
- Responsible for euthanasia of non-ambulatory hogs
- Maintains cleanliness of barn and equipment
- Ensure USDA regulatory compliance
- Safe and effective use of mobile equipment as required
- Advocate and maintain a strong commitment to safety in the operating process
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as hard hats, steel toe boots, hearing protection, etc.
- Follow Prime Pork’s animal well-being and handling policies
You will be required to have the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 1 year of prior livestock handling experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be authorized to work in U.S.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug tests
- Ability to tattoo hogs and use animal driving aids
- Ability to stand or walk for entire shift
- Ability to withstand higher levels of noise, dust, and odors associated with livestock on a daily basis
- Physical strength to assist in moving 200-300lb non-ambulatory animals
- Good counting/math skills
- Ability to read, write, and reason
- Ability to withstand a variety of temperature and climate changes
- Good working knowledge of livestock quality and livestock handling
- TQA certification preferred
- Ability to differentiate between little and heavy hogs (weight estimation) preferred
- Captive bolt gun experience preferred
- Skid loader experience preferred
At Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC, part of the broader Taylor family of companies, we offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
We also have rewarding employee referral and retention bonus programs so join our team refer someone and stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of our growing team, apply today!
Your Future starts now!
Comfrey Farm Prime Pork, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
About our Company
Delivering pork that consistently meets the highest standards for flavor, tenderness, texture, color and juiciness means doing what others can’t or won’t do. Comfrey Farm® Prime Pork is a start-up company with the passion and integrity to discriminately select the best quality hogs, including heritage Durocs for their most scrumptious meat characteristics. Along with that we partner with high-integrity family farmers who pledge to raise these amazing animals with the utmost dedication and care. Finally, we wholly own and operate a new, high-tech plant unlike any other in the U.S. to protect the flavor, color and integrity of our meat, and safely provide for our workforce. Our team shares Glen Taylor’s vision for elevating the craft of raising pork the way he remembers it as a child growing up on the family farm in Comfrey, MN. Comfrey Farm™ is proud to be part of the Taylor family, which consists of 80+ companies including the Minnesota Timberwolves, Minnesota Lynx, and Minnesota Star Tribune.