Quality Assurance Specialist (R7991)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Vectra Visual is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to manage all QA responsibilities ensuring customer expectations are consistently achieved. Also, to promote and facilitate Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives to improve business effectiveness. This position reports directly to the General Manager and is a member of the Leadership Team.
- Assist the sales, customer service, and production teams to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction related to quality problems through immediate, objective, and thorough processing of customer complaints and defective product claims.
- Work closely with all department personnel to assure effective quality assurance programs.
- Assist the production supervisors in ensuring performance of all quality procedures, and to maintain quality levels on all jobs.
- Oversee and/or audit all customer required QA check lists.
- Create and issue Corrective Action Reports when necessary and follow up until the issue is resolved.
- Develop SOPs and/or reports as needed.
- Maintain records of all activity for the company Corrective Action Report system, including documenting the costs of spoilage.
- Execute and report on metrics driven by the Leadership Team and Corporation.
- Promote programs to increase employee morale and productivity.
- Participate in meetings and originate reports for purpose of exchanging ideas about quality issues.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment by supporting proper safety education and inspection of the work area.
- Communicate effectively with the General Manager and all department supervisors, reporting to and informing them regularly of all Corrective Action Report activity.
- Provide a positive, motivating example for employees.
- Follow and ensure company policies and procedures are followed.
- Salaried position, Monday through Friday.
You Must Have:
- Quality oriented with a strong background of operating procedures in a manufacturing environment (print manufacturing preferred), with at least 2-5 years of experience in the field.
- Thorough understanding and proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Continuous Improvement, and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to complete detail work precisely and communicate technical subjects accurately.
- Ability to lead through example, teaching, and persuasion.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Intermediate to advanced skill with MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as ERP systems.
- Good mathematical skills.
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Vectra Visual is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.