Mechanic Technician (2nd Shift)- Benefits Start Day 1 (R8966)
BENEFITS START DAY 1!
We Will Train
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity:Curtis 1000 is seeking a Maintenance Technician to perform maintenance and repair of machines and equipment. This position will diagnose equipment, assist with installations of machines as well as performing preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Monday - Friday 3pm - 11pm
- Trouble shoots electronic and electrical issues
- Assist operators on difficult set ups of the production equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on all types of equipment
- Perform effective emergency repairs on all types of equipment
- Assemble and install new equipment
- Complete daily log of activity
- Make modifications to existing equipment to reduce downtime and maximize production efficiencies
- Work closely with and be able to communicate with internal and external suppliers
- Keep accurate records
- Create requisitions for equipment and parts
- Provide technical support to all areas of Curtis 1000
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 years mechanical maintenance experience
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Ability to operate band saws, grinders, table saws, etc.
- Ability to project a positive and inviting demeanor
- Ability to provide clear, simple direction to Operators
- Ability to work with numbers
- Maintains a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Perform a variety of tasks throughout the day in a fast paced work environment
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel and Word)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 10,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.