Purchasing/Outsource Buyer (R7439)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 (a Taylor company) is looking for an experienced Outsource Services Buyer to join our team in Bloomington, IL.! This person is responsible for strategic sourcing, assisting with customer projects both internally as well as externally at the supplier level while managing various aspects of strategic choices in supply options to meet or exceed requirements for quality, delivery, technology, and overall total cost.
- Proactively work with multi-function internal and external teams to properly communicate, develop, and produce projects on time and within target budget
- Track and drive continual improvement and results through key supplier performance metrics and lean manufacturing practices quarterly
- Evaluate competitive pricing through quoting and supplier evaluation and assist with supplier business meeting
- Negotiate with suppliers as needed to provide lowest overall cost
- Perform all required item data updating in the ERP system
- Analyze production requirements generated by the MRP system and place orders accordingly
- Follow up with suppliers on open orders, past due deliveries, receiving issues and accounts payable problems
- Work all ERP action reports and coordinate with the supplier as needed to expedite, delay or cancel purchase orders
- Communicate status of material as requested by other departments
- Sourcing, selecting, negotiation and approval of product purchases or services as well as spot buy of items to meet specific business requirements
- Provide information to internal customers to support request for pricing (RFP), resolve specification issues prior to RFP, achievement of cost savings goals by delivering lowest cost alternatives for sourcing of products and services to meet business needs/demands and specifications
- Maintain supplier relationships while continually searching for and renegotiating cost savings on new sourcing opportunities with current and/or new suppliers
- Communicate key insights (price levels, contract durations, quantities, etc.) to the Purchasing management team
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and process supplier returns/rejections
- Maintain systems of record for various vendors
- Assist in development of a strategic supply chain
- Ensure suppliers respond appropriately to requirements including issues of delivery, cost, or quality
- Represent Purchasing in applicable meetings, projects, and presentations
- Responsible for promoting and seeking excellence in all aspects of business
- Processes requisitions from departments for equipment and supplies
- Completes all aspects of the purchase order, including the return of defective, damaged, or incorrect merchandise. Investigates and resolves discrepancies daily, including customer communication involving vendor changes, product recommendations, substitutions, and delivery information
You Must Have:
- Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or related experience
- 6+ years of related experience without degree, or 2+ years of related experience with degree, preferably in a printing and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of sourcing processes and tools
- Strong communication skills (with peers and upper management)
- The ability to be a resourceful self-starter with a sense of urgency when needed
- Strong attention to detail, be process oriented, and organized
- Ability to understand business process & strategy
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders through personal leadership and clear project goals
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability and willingness to hold self and direct reports accountable for meeting performance expectations
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- React to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
- Maintain a pattern of regular and predictable attendance
- The ability to be service-oriented with a high energy, positive, and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Prior experience with office equipment (this may include computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine) and familiarity with Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.