Equipment Operator ( finishing ) 2nd shift (R8108)
Curtis 1000 is seeking an Equipment Operator that will be responsible for operating equipment efficiently and producing high quality printed materials in a time sensitive environment. This includes cleaning and performing preventative maintenance on the equipment and inventory control and inspection of products.
Shift Details: Second, 3pm to 11:30pm Monday through Friday
- Read and understand a job ticket to ensure the correct product is produced according to specifications.
- Manage workflow effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Operate multiple variations of finishing equipment and perform setups according to client’s specs.
- Visually inspect product throughout the run for quality checks, registration, fold dimensions, scores, perfs, tabs and glue placement any and all that pertain to job in process.
- Inspect finished product for quality and accuracy.
- Perform and document QA checks every 15 minutes throughout run.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of two years previous digital press experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read, and interpret general instructions and numerical data.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Punctual and willing to work overtime as needed.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
As a foundation for success, the Curtis 1000 advantage includes our affiliation with Taylor Corporation, one of the largest privately held companies in the U.S., as well as one of the top-10 providers of personalized communications in North America. A forward-thinking organization, our shared values and purpose of creating opportunity and security for our employees is at the core of everything we do. Taylor’s more than 80 affiliated companies with 14,000+ employees are located across North America, China and Europe, and serve over half of the Fortune 500 companies and millions of small businesses and consumers.
“Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.”