Senior Financial Analyst (R3181)
Amsterdam Printing and Litho. is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team! You have the opportunity to be part of a small team impacting the business through a wide variety of job responsibilities. The position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial guidance and analytics to all levels of management in order to inform key decision-making in pursuit of the company’s financial and operational objectives.
- Assist with month end close process, including preparation of necessary data required to be uploaded into the corporate financial system, reconciliation of various accounts and processing check and wire requests.
- Assist with budget preparation process.
- Prepare financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, variance analysis, cost reports, etc. and have the ability to explain variances.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Company Leadership and other personnel in performing their responsibilities. Must possess strong financial acumen and be comfortable using a wide variety of financial techniques to perform financial analysis.
- Analyze company operations to pinpoint opportunities for improved financial performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others throughout the company.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of other departments on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Work with estimating personnel to ensure an open, communicative relationship with sales and account teams.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related major
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting or finance
- PC literate, must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office products with proficiency in Excel.
- Possess a consultative mindset that promotes improvements in operating effectiveness, efficiency and net income. Team player as well as an individual contributor.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management to direct activities and obtain management's agreement when corrective action is required.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes, handle frequent interruptions yet refocus on the task at hand or determine the most important tasks. Adapt to a fast paced, high stress and changing environment.
- Ability to get results and can proactively and autonomously drive initiatives and projects from start to finish.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to drive issues to resolution. Ability to perform advanced mathematical operations to include probabilities and statistical inference.
- Up to 10% travel
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Amsterdam Printing and Litho specializes in marketing promotional products, including pens and calendars, to their medium to small-sized customer base. APL focuses on guiding the customer with their purchases and provides a very high level of customer service.