Billing & Export Documentation Clerk-AM (R7350)
BILLING & EXPORT DOCUMENTATION CLERK-AM
HyLife in Windom Minnesota a division of the Hylife organization is engaged in the dressing and processing of hogs for both domestic and world markets. To reach and sustain its position as a premier supplier of quality food products it strives to employ talented and motivated people who are capable of reaching the cutting edge of their discipline. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of a Billing & Export Documentation Clerk-AM located in the vibrant community of Windom, MN.
• Generate 99% accurate BOLs
• Validation of shipping count documents against BOL to ensure counts, items, weight and misc. items all match. Any information must be immediately submitted to the Shift Manager or Supervisor for review.
• Verify quantity shipped matches quantity ordered, if not question shipping department of explanation.
• Compile weekly tracking sheet of sheet of shipment error, shortage, document accuracy and overall documents produced.
• Verify quantity shipped matches quantity ordered, if not question shipping department for explanation.
• Compile weekly tracking sheet of shipment errors, shortages, document accuracy and overall documents produced.
• Ensure all documents prepared receive a second validation before submitting.
• Ensure all trailer seals that are handed to shipping match the BOL’s with very clear identification of carrier and trailer number to place seals on.
• Record pallets, spacers, temp recorders or any other required added item on the individual shipments
• Complete the application to USDA, ensuring 99% First Time Accuracy
• Responsible for the execution of export documentation requirements for shipments originating in USA to destinations globally, which include health certificates, all applicable paperwork.
• Ensure that all documentation meets USA export regulations and global import regulations
• Produce export labels and other documents for export shipments.
• Work with Sales and Customer Service to ensure all information is accurate for BOL’s and All Exports. All information for any shipment must be complete before accuracy can be assured. Ensure all information for weekends are reviewed at least 1 business day prior to ship or before weekends and holidays
• Create a daily load sheet that tracks all shipments and transfers for that business day. Use this to work with and advise the shipping department on prioritization.
• Communicate with carriers if shipments are ready, shipments delayed, cancelled or a need for additional equipment. Use a sense of urgency in the event there is a major change or problem, escalate also to US Transportation Coordinator or Manager
• Field Calls from carriers, questions on when a load is ready should be directed to Shipping department Manager or Supervisor.
• Assist the Shipping department in calling equipment if needed.
• Work closely with other team department member to ensure proper cross training is done and communication of what is needed for the next shift.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Possess sound computer skills (MS Office & Excel)
• Must be able to manage flexible hours as required to include weekends and holidays
• 2 or more years’ experience in load out/warehouse
• Ability to communicate written and verbally in English
• Must possess the ability to challenge other departments over missing or inaccurate date
• Self-Starter/Able to work Independently
• Ability to prioritize, change/complete task according to time sensitive deadlines
• Must attach Resume to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled