Purchasing Supervisor (R4129)
Taymark Inc. is seeking a Purchasing/Sourcing Supervisor to provide leadership and directional oversight for a global purchasing team responsible for product planning, analysis, reporting, inventory management, demand forecasting, expense monitoring, procurement, and sourcing goals. The position is critical in analyzing and managing procurement categories and building a global supply chain that leverages supplier core competencies and insures the lowest cost and best quality products supporting Taymark brands.
- Monday - Friday
- Build upon and continually improve the Taymark global supply chain strategy
- Work with drop ship vendors to insure price accuracy and address vendor performance issues
- Understand CPSIA regulations and support company product safety compliance program
- Assess and document the supplier capabilities, risks and capacities as part of an overall annual buy plan
- Negotiates contracts to include: specific program pricing, minimum order quantities, payment terms, lead-times, commodity price agreements, currency exchange rates, and conditions for increase and decrease of pricing
- Gather and maintain unit cost data, logistics, warehousing, and quality management data for existing product offerings and develop reporting structure to measure current landed cost, against future projected landed cost and historic landed cost.
- Communicates Supplier information to Taymark collaborating groups.
- Collaborate with other Taylor Corporation organizations to maximize global efficiency for procuring products at lowest cost and maximum benefit to Taylor Corporation.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain and/or 5-10 years related experience in managing a global supply chain required
- Experience managing a supply chain supporting tens of thousands of SKU's
- Superior analytical skill; organizing and analyzing large data sets and drawing significant conclusions with material impact to the business
- Demonstrated skills in managing and leading purchasing and sourcing teams
- Expert in utilizing MS Office suite, including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, multi-task, and to take ownership of product categories and vendor relationships, but also to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, and manage several tasks/projects at one time
- Travel up to 10% - overseas
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees. We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, incentive compensation plan, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday pay.
Taymark Inc. is a Taylor Corporation company located in White Bear Lake MN, provides a full range of products and services to recognize the achievements of school aged children and the celebration marking milestones in their lives. We will respond with products for schools, teachers, parents, advisors and coaches to help develop children’s pride and confidence in their achievements and provide lasting memories of celebrations of significant events in their formative years. Taymark also provides Business Communication products such as; Letterhead, Stationery, Brochures, Post Cards, Holiday cards, Recognition certificates and jackets etc. Business units within Taymark include: Elementary & Middle School, High School & Prom, PaperDirect, Idea Art, M&N Party and Fulfillment (Pick & Pack and Wide-Format Digital Print)