Order picker (R5852)
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is looking for an order picker for our facility located in Jeffersonville, IN
- Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise, and similar items.
- Operates material handling equipment that is standard in a shipping or warehouse environment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. in an incident and accident-free manner.
- Load and unload trucks, freight cars, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling devices
- Coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or work station to another, using motor vehicles, hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment.
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source, and destination of materials received or shipped.
You Must Have:
- Previous material handling equipment operator (MHEO) experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 0-2 years of related / relevant experience to position or specialization.
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization.
- Works under the direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks to meet deadlines.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Previous experience operating a Cherry Picker
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- One-year warehouse or job-related experience.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphics communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.