Shipping and Receiving Team Lead (R6831)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Travel Tags, Inc., a Taylor Corporation company, is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Team Lead to provide daily direction to departmental employee’s, resolve issues, and make decisions in the Warehouse Supervisor’s absence.
This position is responsible for direction of associates, systems control of product, and accuracy of input. As well as assisting with loading, unloading trucks and moving materials within the warehouse to and from the loading platform. In addition, this position will also operate hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, computer, and scanners.
- Monday – Friday, 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Responsible for training departmental employees on procedures and practices
- Provide direction to departmental employees in supervisor’s absence
- Complete daily updates, cycle counts, and adjustments to inventories; verify cycle counts and resolve inventory discrepancies
- Perform shipping and receiving functions; wrapping and banding pallets, loading and unloading trucks, preparing appropriate shipping documents, and entering receipts into inventory
You Must Have:
- 4+ years in a warehouse and/or shipping/receiving role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ year providing direction to co-workers in a leadership position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; process-oriented and organized
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
We Would Also Prefer:
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience with Radio Frequency Scanner (RFS) system and/or UPS World ship and/or Fed Ex Ship Manager software
- Service-oriented individual with high energy and a positive, friendly demeanor
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Travel Tags, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.