Accounts Payable Representative (R8303)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is looking for an Accounts Payable Representative to provide a full range of A/P duties for our Finance Team. In this position, you will contribute by promoting a positive customer experience through timely and accurate transactional processing and positive customer interactions.
- Match invoices with receivers and Purchase Order’s. Code invoices with correct GL numbers, vendor codes, and period received. Make sure quantity and cost ordered match the vendor invoice.
- File open invoices and check for accuracy and proper approvals.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain accurate filing system of paid invoices.
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly reports and distribute in a timely manner.
- Handle incoming calls from suppliers/vendors promptly.
- Investigate all concerns/issues on past due invoices.
- Collaborate with purchasing agents and other internal departments to correct discrepancies between invoices, purchase orders, and receivers.
- Maintain reports related to specific expense accounts.
- Assist with month-end process including reconciliation of specific accounts.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions for process and workflow improvements.
- Enter inventory adjustments related to material usage into ERP system.
- Run and check monthly inventory reports from ERP system.
You Must Have:
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel and accounting principles; Oracle knowledge preferred.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, vendors and employees.
- This position requires an ability to work with mathematical concepts and the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- This position requires an ability to define problems, collect data and apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in sometimes complex situations.
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.