Shipping and Receiving Clerk (R7994)
Start a new career with us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a member of the Taylor Corporation family of companies, is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join our team at our Fridley, MN, facility.
• 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday - Friday
• Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise, and similar items
• Inspects and verifies incoming goods against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods and enters into the inventory control system
• Put away and manage raw and finished goods inventory in the warehouse
• Pull product from the warehouse to deliver to the production floor
• Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons, and other containers prior to final packing for shipment and affixes identifying information to the packages
• Use various shipping systems for FedEx, UPS, and USPS
• Adjust to a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
• Assist in monthly inventory cycle counting
• May operate a forklift, hand truck, or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
• Perform other warehouse and shipping duties as needed
• Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment
• Records shipment data, including weight, charges, and space availability
• Receives and unpacks materials and supplies
• Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
• Completes shipping and receiving reports.
You Must Have:
• Basic computer and math skills
• Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English
• Ability to work independently, problem-solving as needed
We Would Also Prefer:
• Knowledge of operations of material handling equipment such as sit-down forklifts, electric pallet jacks, and reach trucks
• High school diploma or its equivalent and 1+ year of experience
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and will be required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000 is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.