Sr. Accountant (R8868)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Print & Service Solutions Group is seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our Finance team in Dayton, OH who is eager to make an immediate impact.
In this role, you will be supporting the monthly close by creating journal entries, performing detailed reconciliations, recommending process improvements, documenting processes, assisting/leading with various projects & financial reporting & flux analysis.
- Complete assigned journal entries during close
- Complete assigned reconciliations during close
- Help establish accurate P&L reporting by Line of Business
- Complete balance sheet flux analysis & bring issues to management attention during close
- Create & document formal processes
- Lead cross training in the Accounting department
- Facilitate working sessions to define, solution and scope projects
- Help organize project management timelines
- Develop and present SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Establish practices and procedures that work towards best practices & continuous process improvement
- Responsible for Audit schedules and responses as assigned
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Must have some ERP experience (i.e. Oracle/Infor/SAP, etc.)
- Ability to work longer hours during close to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of internal controls & internal control compliance
- Ability to understand and articulate the accounting behind the business transactions
- Strong curiosity to understand processes & help drive more accurate and timely results
- Effective oral and written communication skills, interfacing with internal & external auditors, internal peers, management, computer software engineers, customers, and leadership
- Ability to develop training materials & SOP’s
- Work well with teams or in team environments
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Work independently and prioritize multiple competing assignments appropriately to meet deadlines while adjusting to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of moderate ambiguity
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power-Point, Outlook, Visio, Project
We Would Also Prefer:
- Desirous of pursuing CPA or Master’s
- Experience in implementing an ERP
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our employees span more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.