Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions, a Taylor Corporation company, is looking for a Technical Document Engineer to join their technology team in Ft. Worth, TX! In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to help analyze and extract technical information from mail ready output generated by various composition tools and help create detailed business and technical documentation to support integration with complex data systems. You will actively work to convert existing applications and workflows to leverage new data translation and document composition tools. It’s critical (and exciting) to our future! You would help us document requirements, communicate work-flows, log issues, build training documentations/videos, and offer clarification to technical and business users regarding technical documents and workflows.
- Perform document manipulation, development, scripting, backend letter composition and documenting specifications
- Responsible to provide subject matter expertise in document re-engineering, precomposed output manipulation, composition knowledge and workflow.
- Responsible for developing and supporting fault resilient data extraction and production workflow processes
- Responsible to research new data processing and document manipulation technology and recommend its appropriate implementation.
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment, enjoys mentoring less experienced staff, and maintains all cross functional team relationships
- Participate in project planning sessions and defining the business requirements.
- Elicit requirements from the business partners and Clients for document reengineering using sample PDFs as the basis for discussions.
- Review existing applications and their output and create technical documents to facilitate transition to other composition engines.
- Identifying and documenting of print composition requirements including fonts, images, styles, layouts, variables, data driven business rules, dynamic content, pagination, and more.
- Analyze data input formats such as CSV, XML, fixed width, and more.
- Clearly and concisely document requirements and functional specifications using appropriate requirement tools/techniques (such as use cases, process maps, etc.).
- Perform development related tasks to convert existing applications and output to use different platforms and technology.
- Solution assessment and validation to ensure there are no gaps from the requirement process and development stages.
- Create and discuss process flow and data flow diagrams using Visio or similar tools.
- May be called upon as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business partners, clients and/or the technical team for post deployment product support, relating to business process and workflow.
- Work with project stakeholders to identify, document and validate requirements. Help to scope the system, identify potential areas of automation and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Work with compliance and security teams to document and understand requirements (HIPAA, HiTrust, PHI, PII, PCI, etc.)
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization
You Must Have:
- Experience working within Windows and Unix/Linux server environments.
- Experience in manipulating precomposed documents using Solimar, Compart, Crawford, PDF libraries, or Adobe tools to scrape and extract document content.
- Experience optimizing data processing flows by leveraging an extract-transform-load (ETL) environment is strongly preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of prepress, digital printing, and page description language transformation is a plus.
- Experience in object-oriented design/development using general purpose languages
- Familiarity with scripting languages like java script.
- Experience in technical requirement gathering.
- Creative and analytical mind that can extract information from data, programming code, and printed output
- Strong communication skills for conveying findings associated with research
- Self-starter personality that attempts to figure things out on their own
- The ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- Experience with effectively communicate information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff, and management verbally and in written form.
- Experience with creating various artifacts – process maps, business requirement document, gap analysis document, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects at the same time
- The initiative to take responsibility for finding alternative approaches to solve or troubleshoot issues
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), workflow management tools like Jira.
We Would Also Prefer:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science
- Data analysis, Business analysis or extract-transform-load (ETL) experience
- Familiarity of Agile and/or Kanban as well as the Waterfall Frameworks
- Familiarity with Jira and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.